Thursday, November 17, 2011

Studded Fancy Fuchsia

I'm so excited about this post. :i Let's start....

When I have to study, I find a million ways to distract myself away from books. I knew I need a manicure because my nails were naked for few days so I put on my favorite pink Fancy Fuchsia by Orly. I wore this color at least 5 times as manicure and also as pedicure. That happens rarely but there's something about this polish that makes me fall in love every time I apply it on nails. I have a back up bottle that's why I can wear it so many times. :$ Seriously, pink lovers you NEED this pink beauty! <3

When I applied it I saw a Sammy's tweet from The Nailasaurus talking about her studded manicure made in 31 Day Challenge. I didn't think twice so I pull out my silver 3D Steel Ball Glitter which I got from Born Pretty Store months ago. Well, I wanted to add black studs but I somehow managed to lost those 2 minutes after I found them in my drawer and I still don't know where I put them. xD

I placed studs differently as Sammy but not because I wanted to but because I wasn't paying attention how she put them on. :$

Daylight, light box


 Essence - Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
Wet n Wild - Clear Nail Protector
Silver 3D Steel Ball Glitte

First I applied Fancy Fuchsia on my nails, when the 2nd coat was still wet. I simply picked one by one stud with a toothpick and placed it on nail. :) If the base color was already dry, I put a layer of clear polish by Wet n Wild - Clear Nail Protector (which came with Wet n Wild - Prancer). I tried to put a layer of Essie - Good To Go to finish my manicure but I guess it's too thick for that, because I got lots of bubbles so I had to redo my ring finger. :) So use thin TC to avoid bubbling.

If you pick more than one stud on toothpick, remove the excess because if 2 studs fell on the wet surface, they're so hard to take off without ruining the base color. I wanted to do it faster but I almost messed up. xD Be patient! :)

It's so funny to touch your nails with those studs on. Surface is rough and it tickles.. xD Sometimes I scratched my face with them or my hair got caught but nothing too serious. They stayed on for 3 days, some of them fell down but there's still a silver dot and it wasn't so obvious that they weren't there anymore. 

Huh, I have a lot to say today. :$

As you can see - I took my pictures in "light box". Well, it's still not a light box, I got a daylight bulb and I make pictures with a black background under the lamp. Simple as that but when I'll have more time, I'll try to make something out. :) Please let me know what do you think about picture quality, do you like them or not, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Here's a bonus picture with our little kitty. <3 He was so curious what I'm doing so he joined me. :D He's very serious when it comes to nails. :P


Huh, this is a really long post but I hope you like it. :i Thanks for reading! :rainbow What do you think? Will you try it out? This manicure was so bright and so unique!

Nighty night,
Ivana :k

51 Comment(s):

  1. I get good mood when I look at these beautiful nails

    ReplyDelete
  2. and your cat is pretty ;-) i love cats

    ReplyDelete
  3. :L que hermoso!!!, pasa por mi blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. :L Omg this is pure love in every way! I am in love with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think this is the longest post ive read from you! your usually very quiet. lol i like the picture quality! and that color has now made its way on my wish list. lol ! the manicure looks super pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that! And yay kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D

    Ohh this is so pretty. I love the color, it's similar to the mani I had on today, but it looks more enticing. Maybe it's the studs??!

    I should really check out born pretty for some of their fabulous stuffs. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love bright pinks like this! It looks similar to Orly Flirty, would be curious to see them next to eachother. I could never do studs....I would sit there and pick them off! It would drive me nuts!

    And your kitters is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Sammy's nails, and you did a great job too :) It's funny how different your manis look just changing the base colour :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this mani Ivana! But wew, it takes too much patience for me to even try! Looks really great though. Your kitty is super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. W-O-W! I saw this manicure at Nailsaurus and thought it was incredible.

    But your pink version is sooo awesome too!

    A question though: how do you manage to keep the 3D balls on your nails? Don't they fall off eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see your cat likes nail polish as much as you do! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So in love with this color & your manicure too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loooove this manicure, and your cat apparently loves it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ponavadi nisem fenica roza barve, vendar tale manikura mi je pa izjemno všeč :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg tole pa je prehudooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so loving these studded mani's. I really need to purchase some

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha ono Sammy-no je bilo totalno bad ass ovo tvoje je bas preslatko :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOD these nails are incredible!!! I saw Sammy's mani and loved it and i'm sooo happy to see you try it for yourself! I'm gonna have give this a go soon too =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very stunning take on the awesome original mani. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't take the pink!! But i really love the stud look-I just know I would never try it-the bumpiness would drive me nuts and I can just see myself peeling them right back off!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this color + I love these glitters...I`he allready done the same combination on my nails, but I used the bordoux color & gold seel ball glitters. Just adorable!!! And your Kitty........just nice + cute :-))) Greetings from Germany, dear Ivana !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg, wow this is the most amazing idea I've ever seen for nailpolishes!
    Seriously, that must have cost you ages haha!
    Wondering how long it will take before it falls of when I would have something like that,
    gonna try finding someone who will do this for me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. those nails are SO cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. FANTASTIČNO!!! Moram ovo probat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is insanely awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the nail polish Ivana! <3
    Your cat is soooo sweet ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG :o I love this! The pink is awesome and the studs make it look so hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wowww !!! that's some fierce pink loll, it looks soooo good, i really have to try this but i can't stand 3d things on my nail !! loll

    ReplyDelete
  30. That pink is amazing! I like the studded mani (I know it's weird but it reminds me of a Hellraiser character) but I don't think I will ever be that patient :b

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love, love and love the studded mani, but I love even more your kitty! *_*
    (I'm mad about cats! <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  32. Huh, how many comments. :o Thank you so much for all your lovely words! It means a lot. <3 My kitty is sending you a big hug, he loves you too as much as I do. <3
    Sammy did a really great job and I just had to try it. Of course, when you have to study, you do everything except studying, oops. :$ Just be patient while placing them on nail and you can rock this awesome mani!
    And I told you, Fancy Fuchsia is the most beautiful pink I have in my collection, and you know I have a lot of pinks. :i Have a nice and lovely weekend ladies!

    @Maria: Got ya! Now I know you don't read my blog. :D I usually don't have to say a lot but I had even longer posts than this one. :P

    @Angie: I think Flirty isn't so in your face as Flirty Fuchsia. I will get Flirty soon and I can make a comparison. :D Yap, studs can be really annoying, I had to force myself to not pull them down. :$

    @KimsKie's Nails: With a layer of TC over them. Of course they start falling down one by one, but it's not so noticeable when you loose few of them. :D They also left a silver dot on my nails and it kind of look like that they're still there. :$

    ReplyDelete
  33. this mani left me speechless :). it looks really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks super-fabulous, even better than the inspiration mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ivana that mani is breath taking !
    I think I'm in LOVE with it !
    soooooooo coool !
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  36. @ABOP (laquerlove on MUA): Aww, thank you for your lovely words! :h

    @S.: You should totally try it out!!! I know you have studs too. :P :k

    @rebecca: Ty! :i

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great technique! I don't like pink color, but the studded detail are very beautiful. I used your work as referece on a post in my blog (here http://fiercekrieg.blogspot.com/2012/02/studded-nails.html). Thanks for sharing such ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sicer sem že komentirala, ampak imam še eno vprašanje - katero 'daylight' žarnico si kupila? & kje? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... Eno sem kupila v Sam-u, drugo pa v Sparu. Ne vem več točno kateri, ker sem obe že zlomila, ampak ena je pomoje bla Phillipsova (ta iz Spara). :i Gledala sm, da je blo jasno označeno, da gre za daylight žarnico. Če se spomnim, bom pogledala v Sparu pa ti sporočim. :i

      Delete
  39. simple and perfect!!congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  40. me don't is unclear if, after applying the micro balls, you have put the top coat or not? Please Let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added top coat to really seal them in, just be sure the top coat you're using isn't too thick. :) Hope that helps!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*